Hendricks is a small community located in Lincoln County in Southwestern Minnesota. It is situated on the East shores of Lake Hendricks.
Lake Hendricks is a beautiful interstate lake providing recreational opportunities such as camping, fishing, boating, water-skiing, swimming, etc. Hendricks also has a scenic and fun 9-hole golf course located by the lake. After your golfing venture you can stop in the Lakeside Clubhouse for some refreshments.
Located across from Lake Hendricks Park is the Lincoln County Pioneer Museum. Featuring a furnished one-room schoolhouse, Icelandic church, train depot, and a Sears house furnished with turn of the century decor. The museum is open Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday afternoons, May through October.
Hendricks prides itself in providing excellent health care services through the Hendricks Community Hospital Association (HCHA) and the Hendricks Clinic. We have respected physicians serving the area.
Hendricks is an excellent place to visit year-round and the friendly community welcomes all visitors, whether they are Norwegian or not!!
*These links are provided for informational purposes only, and are links to web sites which are independently run; outside of the First Security Bank domain. Neither these sites, nor any content available through links to and from them, are screened, reviewed or endorsed by First Security.
Groups and Activities
- Kiwanis Club: Can Collection - please bring your cans to the collection shed next to the city maintenance office.
- Visit the new City Hall/Fire Hall project on Division Street.
- Community Club meets at Noon every Wednesday.
- A new Community Coordinator is also on staff at the City Hall on Wednesdays from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- The Hendricks Economic Development Authority (EDA) meets once a month. We have proposals for new businesses available as well as properties, which can be toured by contacting President Amundson.
- HiWay Cafe
- Irene's by Julie
- Lakeside Golf Clubhouse
- Hendricks Hometown Bakery
- The Local Place
- Turret House - 111 N. Division, Hendricks
- Triple L Farm Bed and Breakfast
- Campgrounds by lake park
- Hendricks Trustworthy Hardware and Hendricks Lumberyard
- Vick's Grocery
- Larson's Food Center
- Hendricks Community Hospital & Nursing Home
- Siverson's Pharmacy and Gifts
- Hendricks Hometown Bakery
- Hendricks Farmer’s Elevator Gas Stop and Car Wash
- Kirkvold Oil Company
- Main Street Consignment
- This ‘Ol Place Thrift Shoppe
- Main Street Floral
- Johnson Motors
- The Exercise Place
- Two Laura Ingalls Wilder Historic Homesites
- Pipestone National Monument and Native American Quarry
- Three Minnesota State Parks
- Historic Norwegian, Polish, Dutch, Danish, Belgian & Icelandic Churches
- Great Antiquing and Specialty Shopping
- Nine Lakes and Recreation
- Lakeside Resorts and Campgrounds
- Bed and Breakfast Inns